Hip Arthroscopy Surgery in Sydney
Dr Sunny Randhawa performs keyhole hip arthroscopy surgery
Hip arthroscopy gives a surgeon an unimpeded view of a patient’s hip joint, allowing diagnosis and treatment of many sources of hip pain.
Dr Sunny Randhawa is one of a select few surgeons in Australia that have completed a fellowship exclusively in hip arthroscopy. He performs these procedures at a high volume with consistently positive results.
The surgery itself involves the patient being placed under general anaesthetic (most commonly) and having a small camera placed into the hip joint. This allows the surgeon the vision to make necessary corrections and minimal incisions.
Hip arthroscopy is suitable treatment for a range of conditions:
- Femoroacetabular impingement
- Labral tears
- Loose / foreign body removal
- Hip washout (for infection) or biopsy
- Chondral (cartilage) lesions
- Osteochondritis dissecans
- Ligamentum teres injuries
- Iliopsoas tendinopathy (or ‘snapping hip’)
- Trochanteric bursitis syndrome
- Tight iliotibial band
- Gluteal tendinopathy
- Proximal hamstrings tears